Please call our resident Sulfuric Acid Tank experts at (866) 310-2556. Our team has over a decade of experience working with poly and plastic tanks. We can help guide you to the perfect choice of tank for your specific application.
Sulfuric Acid Tanks & Containers
Vertical Sulfuric Acid Storage Tanks
- Our vertical sulfuric acid storage tanks are available in commercial and industrial design standards.
- Our sulfuric acid tanks are available in HDLPE - High-density linear polyethylene and XLPE - High-density cross linked polyethylene.
- Sulfuric acid resin available for tanks up to 15,000 gallons.
- Our Sulfuric Acid storage tanks are made for Sulfuric Acid concentrations up to 99%
- Tanks rated with at least 1.9 specific gravity recommended.
- Welded-in Polyethylene flanges or couplings, or CPVC threaded fittings with viton gaskets recommended.
Sulfuric Acid Storage Challenges
- Due to the weight of Sulfuric Acid it will push the limits of mechanical integrity of any plastic or polyethylene tank.
- Adding water to sulfuric acid that is concentrated can lead to sulfuric acid aerosol dispersal and in the worst case scenario - an explosion.
- The accidental spillage of sulfuric acid on metals can produce highly flammable hydrogen gas.
- Sulfuric acid burns are severe - sulfuric acid dehydrates whatever it comes into contact with and the heat produced from the reaction can cause second degree burns.
- Sulfuric acid should not be stored with organic materials or within specific metal containers to prevent fire, explosion or the generation of toxic fumes and flammable gases.
Important Sulfuric Acid Storage Tank Considerations
- HDPE or XLPE should be used for the entire tank to attain a higher tensile strength and improved sulfuric acid chemical resistance.
- High Density linear resin is considered the best poly chemical barrier, with the most chemical resistance and in turn prolongs tank life and is repairable by welding if the tank is damaged.
- Sulfuric Acid containers should be kept in a cool, dry and well ventilated area. Containers should be tightly sealed to prevent exposure to foreign materials and temperature changes.
Sulfuric Acid ≤ 98% (Ambient Temperature) Recommendations
- Tank Material: HDLPE or XLPE
- Fitting Material: CPVC
- Gasket Material: Viton
- Bolt Material: Hastelloy